Effective Date: 1 May 2018
We are committed to protecting your privacy and providing a safe experience with all aspects of the Services.
Adherium (NZ) Limited is the data controller, irrespective of where you live, with the exception of processing activities in relation to some product sales and product support activities for which Adherium North America, Inc. (if you live in the United States) or Adherium Europe Ltd (if you reside in the European Union) is the data controller. For the purposes of this policy we refer to Adherium (NZ) Ltd, Adherium North America, Inc. and Adherium Europe Ltd as “Adherium”.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND PROCESS?
When you use the Services, we ask you to provide certain personal information necessary for the Services and for us to carry out the activities as outlined below.
When you create a shop account and user account
The following personal information is required to create an Account:
- Your first name and surname;
- Your email address, phone number and your country of residence;
- Details about your prescription(s), including the type of inhaler(s) you use and, the number and time of the doses you have been prescribed;
- If you order one of our Sensors online, your address, so we can deliver it to you; and
- If you are a Healthcare Professional using the Services for your patients (but not for patients who are U.S. residents), we will ask you for your name, contact details, geographic location, and professional qualifications;
- If you choose to share your personal information with a Healthcare Professional or third party, you will be asked to provide their contact details.
When you log into the Account using third party services
When you choose to log in into your Account using a third party social media or authentication service, you are giving us access to and permit us to store certain information from that third party service, for example your name, email address(es), current city, profile picture URL, and other personal information that the third party service makes available to us, and to use and disclose it in accordance with this Policy. Before you decide to use the third party services to log into the Account, please make sure you check your privacy settings on these third party services to understand what information is shared with us
When you sync your Sensor through the App
The Sensors log information about your inhaler use from the moment you start using them. When you sync your Sensor with the App or website we receive the information collected by the Sensor:
- The date and time of inhaler use; and
- On some Sensor models, inhaler technique information, for example, whether the inhaler was primed, the orientation or acoustic information from the inhaler when it was used, to confirm correct medication usage technique.
When you use our App or Websites
From time to time when you use our App or Websites, we may ask you for information relevant to you tracking and improving the management of your respiratory health, including:
- Your age and gender;
- Your other medication prescriptions;
- We may ask you whether you want to enable geo-location services on the App. If you enable geo-location services, we may collect location information, including the time and geographic location when you access the App to let you keep track of places and things that might affect your respiratory health; or
- We may ask you for access to information relevant to the management of your respiratory health held on third party mobile apps.
The Hailie™ solution requires enabled Bluetooth® wireless technology to function. If you are an Android user, please note that Android requires coarse location permissions in order to use Bluetooth® wireless technology, as Bluetooth® can be used to derive your location.
If you use the Services as part of a program offered by a third party (outside US)
When you access our Website, we collect and analyze technical information about user activities, such as user traffic patterns, IP addresses, browser types, browser language, operating system, software and hardware attributes, referring and exit pages and URL, the state or country from which you accessed the Website, platform type, the number of clicks, files you download, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the time spent on a page, the terms used in searches on the Website, the time and date you access the Websites, upload or post content, error logs and other similar information.
Information we do not collect
Other than the health information described above, we do not knowingly and intentionally collect or maintain any information regarding users’ race or ethnic origins, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or other sensitive information.
WHY DO WE COLLECT AND PROCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The Services are intended to help you learn more about your health. To do this, we collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing the best experience possible with the Services, including creating your Account, displaying Sensor information to you and information which lets you track your respiratory health;
- Responding to your inquiries, requests, complaints, and if applicable, completing your orders, processing payments and providing technical support;
- Keeping you posted with our latest announcements and changes to the Services;
- Analyzing and improving our products and services;
- Conducting statistical and other analyses about use of the Services;
- Creating aggregated data sets (see the Aggregated Information heading below);
- When you permit a third party (such as your Healthcare Professional or health plan, outside the United States) accessing your information, using your information to assist that third party in carrying out its operations;
- As required to by legal or regulatory obligations;
- To enforce our Terms of Service;
- Other purposes as required or permitted by law; and
We will only use your personal information for other purposes where you have given your valid consent to our use of your personal information for those purposes.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You do not have to provide all the personal information which we request, but if you do not provide the information you may not be able to register for and use parts of the Services. As a minimum requirement to create an Account, we collect the following information:
- Your email address;
- Inhaler type(s); and
- An active Account will require a Sensor serial number, which is uploaded into your Account automatically during the first pairing of the Sensor to the App.
You may create an incomplete Account by providing only your email address, but you will not be able to track your medication use.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We respect your right to control who accesses your information. We share your personal information when:
- Your account is set up by a third party, you enable us to share your information with a third party or you choose to share your information with other mobile applications or websites. In these cases, by turning on the data sharing, you enable us to share your personal information, including health-related information, with a third party at your discretion. If you instruct us to share information from your Account with a third party, the information will be the responsibility of that third party. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any third parties carefully.
- When: (i) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant) or other legal requirements; (ii) disclosure would mitigate Adherium’s liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (iii) necessary to protect the legal rights of Adherium’s users, customers, business partners or other interested parties; or (iv) necessary for the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law).
We will use your information to create aggregated data sets which no longer identify you as a person. We will use aggregated data for any purpose at our sole discretion, for example, statistical modelling of medication adherence behavioral patterns or market segment research. If we transfer aggregated data to third parties, we will make sure there are measures in place to ensure the third party cannot identify you.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We take great care to make sure that your information is kept safe, but no system or electronic data transmission is completely secure.
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account credentials. Adherium will treat access to the Services through your account credentials as authorized by you. Unauthorized access to password-protected or secure areas is prohibited and may lead to criminal prosecution. We may at our discretion suspend your use of all or part of the Services without notice, if we suspect or detect any breach of security. If you believe that information you provided to us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately using the contact information provided below. If we become aware of a possible security breach, we will ensure that it is addressed in accordance with applicable laws.
Regardless of where you live, we take care to ensure your personal information is kept safe and your right to privacy is respected. If we store or process your information in a country outside your country of residence, then, before we transfer information, we will make sure that there are appropriate legal and technical measures in place, so your information is kept private and secure in accordance with the laws of your country of residence. We store user information on secure servers hosted by Amazon Web Services (AWS) and access it from New Zealand, a country which the European Commission has recognized meets European privacy standards. The location that your data is held in depends on the region selected during account creation and login. If you select:
- Australia, your information is hosted in Australia;
- New Zealand, your information is hosted in Australia;
- United States, your information is hosted in the United States;
- Default, your information is hosted in the United States.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
If you deactivate your account, your information is retained on our secure servers for as long as permitted or required under applicable law. If you want to erase your Account information, you can contact us at email@example.com.
ACCESSING, MODIFYING AND ERASING YOUR INFORMATION
You can access most of your personal information in the App or Website directly, or you can request a copy of all information stored about you by asking us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take care to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. However, if any information we hold is incorrect or inaccurate, you can send us a request to correct it by contacting us at email@example.com. You can also ask us to restrict processing of that information while we verify whether it is accurate.
You can stop the collection of your information by uninstalling the App at any time and by stopping use of the Sensor. You can also ask us to erase your personal information. When you ask us to erase your account, your information will be de-identified and access to your account will no longer be possible. You can also object to having your personal information processed for statistical analysis purposes by contacting us in writing. Please note, if you withdraw your consent to Adherium processing your personal information, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing done prior to you withdrawing consent.
Please send your requests for access, modification, or erasure to firstname.lastname@example.org. We work hard to respond to all requests in a timely manner. In some circumstances and in accordance with applicable laws, we may refuse certain requests, for example, we will decline requests that are vexatious or technically infeasible. In such cases, we will provide you with our reasons for the decision.
Where it is technically feasible for us to do so, you can request a copy of any personal information that you have provided us, in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format, so you can transmit it to another data controller, by emailing email@example.com. Please note, we will not disclose any derivative information (for example, algorithmic results) or information which may compromise any of our intellectual property or confidential business information.
If we use automated processing of your personal information to give you feedback on your use of the Services and improve the management of your chronic condition, we will do so for information purposes only and not to make any decisions which could produce a legal effect or significantly affect you.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES/APPS
Our Website or App may contain links to websites or applications offered by third parties that we do not control. Any information you provide on third party sites is governed by their privacy policies, not ours. We are not responsible for information that you provide to such third parties.
Minors are permitted to use the Services only with the prior consent of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect any information from minors, unless we have received verifiable consent from a parent or legal guardian. If we become aware that a user is a minor and has provided personal information without the consent of a parent or legal guardian, we will delete such information as required by law. If you know of a minor user whose information may have been collected without consent from a parent or legal guardian, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COOKIES AND OTHER DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGY
By using our sites and apps, you agree to us storing and accessing cookies and similar technologies on your device.
What are cookies?
Cookies are simple text files which are sent to and stored on your device when you visit a website or use an app. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie originated, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e., when it expires) and a randomly generated unique number or similar identifier. A cookie also may contain information about your computer, such as user settings, browsing history and activities conducted while using the Services.
Some cookies are deleted when you close the browser on your device (session cookies). Other cookies remain on your device until their expiry or removal (persistent cookies). Some cookies relate to the functionality of the website and improve your user experience (functional cookies). Other cookies allow us to collect statistics (aggregated and anonymous) on the use of the website by our visitors or customers (analytical cookies). Some cookies may be essential for us to provide certain interactive functions or to ensure online environment.
What cookies do we use and why?
Cookies that we commonly use are listed below. This list is not exhaustive but describes the main reasons we typically set cookies. As we adopt additional technologies, we may gather information through other methods.
If you are a go.hailie.com portal user, we use the following cookies on the portal:
|ASPXANONYMOUS||A unique ID for users who are not authenticated so their usage can be tracked between screens.|
|ASPXFORMSAUTH||Used to determine if a user is authenticated.|
|ASP.NET_Sessionld||Unique identifier for an authenticated user.|
|PageLanguage||Language selected by the user to be displayed.|
|SelectedDevice||Last selected device serial number to conveniently select it by default.|
|SelectedPatient||For Healthcare Professionals, last selected patient to conveniently select them by default.|
|TimeZoneOffset||Current time zone offset to correctly localize times displayed on the screen and to provide a default time zone value for any manually entered times.|
|_AntiXsrfToken||Token used to prevent Cross-Site-Request Forgery attacks against the user to prevent someone from spoofing requests from the user.|
|_ga||Google Analytics to analyze and understand service usage patterns for product development, and service improvement. Opt out using tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout|
|access_token||Token required to be able to access Adherium’s APIs. Expires every 20 mins.|
|refresh_token||Token used to refresh access_tokens when they expire. Expires in 1 month or when the password changes.|
Third party cookies
All payments made through our websites are processed by Stripe.com. Stripe Cookies and Similar Technologies Policy can be found here: https://stripe.com/cookies-policy/legal.
How to manage cookies?
If you want to manage your cookie settings in your browser, select the ‘help’ section of your browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Internet Explorer) for more information. Your browser will allow you to change your cookie preferences.
You are free to delete cookies, but you may not get the full experience of our websites. If you decide to block or disable some or the cookies you may not be able to have access to certain features of the Hailie™ solution. For example, to complete a purchase on our Website, you will need to accept cookies sent by the online shop website.
We will respond to all communications as soon as reasonably possible. If you are not satisfied with our response, let us know because we are always trying to improve, or if you want you can make a complaint to the relevant privacy regulator in your region (see below).
UK: Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public.
New Zealand: Office of the Privacy Commissioner: https://www.privacy.org.nz/your-rights/how-to-complain/.
Australia: Office of the Australian Information Commissioner: https://www.oaic.gov.au/individuals/how-do-i-make-a-privacy-complaint.
Elsewhere: we can assist you with identifying the appropriate regulator in your region.
Please note: references to “we”, “us” and “our” and Adherium are references to Adherium (NZ) Limited and its affiliates. “You” and “your” refer to users of the Services, including individuals who use the Services to monitor patients and other users of the Service.